Director of Operations Vacancy
POSTING FOR THE JOB OF DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Brothers and Sisters
With the recent appointment of Bill Quinn to Secretary/Treasurer, the position of Director of Operations is vacant. In order to fill that important role, the OAPFF is asking that members interested in the position email resumes and a brief letter explaining why they feel they are the best candidate to President Taylor at email@example.com.
The Director of Operations is responsible for
- -Coordinating the OAPFF Educational Seminars for the instruction of local leaders.
- -Managing the OAPFF Higher Education Initiative.
- -Developing and delivering new educational outreach for local leaders.
- -Working with other OAPFF directors and staff to complete global projects.
- -Collecting information and data which is appropriate to help member local unions.
- -Organizing the above information and data in a manner which will be useful and effective for the membership, local union, and OAPFF Executive Board and staff to use.
- -Monitoring actions being taken by the Ohio State Employment Relations Board (SERB) and advising the Executive Board of same.
- -Establishing and maintaining a uniform procedure for service delivery.
- -Monitoring neutrals and the awards issued by those neutrals.
- -Developing uniform contract language.
The Director shall work under the direction of the OAPFF President and Executive Board and shall work primarily out of the OAPFF Columbus office.
The ideal candidate will
- -Have a thorough knowledge of the organizational mission of the OAPFF.
- -Have experience with contract negotiations and labor management techniques.
With a policy shift in the delivery of educational instruction, additional consideration will be given to a candidate who holds certifications as a Fire and/or EMS Instructor with previous experience working with educational institutions.
Salary for the position is $20,726 plus appropriate approved expenses.
Resumes will be accepted until June 6th at 6pm. The Executive Board will discuss and may interview candidates the following week. The final decision and appointment will be made by June 15th.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-381-6374.
Michael P. Taylor, OAPFF President.